Ethics and compliance
At AES Colombia we are committed to complying with standards and regulations, both local and international, related to sustainable energy solutions.
That is why we constantly train all our collaborators through the Ethics and Compliance Program: this is how we all become familiar with the legal and regulatory framework that governs us as an electric power generating company, such as:
- The Inter-American Convention against Corruption of the OAS (1996)
- The United Nations Convention against Corruption
- The Colombian Penal Code (Law 559 of 2000)
- The Anticorruption Statute in Colombia (1474 of 2011)
- The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act - FCPA (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.)
- The Public Accounting Reform of Companies and Investor Protection Act (Sarbanes Oxley Act - SOX)
Just as we are governed by local and international regulations, at AES Colombia we have a series of policies focused on compliance and ethical behavior of our collaborators and stakeholders, including the communities to whom we provide our energy solutions. This regulation is composed of:
- Conflict of interest policy for collaborators and contractors
- Policy on donations and political contributions
- Gift and entertainment policy
- Personal data treatment and protection policy
- Anti-corruption policy
- Lobbying policy
- Insider Trading Policy
- Discrimination and harassment prevention policy
- Manual for the contractual compliance review process
Collective Ethics Action of the Electricity Sector (2014):
Created with the objective of publicly manifesting the commitment to the implementation of the best practices of transparency and ethics in the sector, AES Colombia is currently a signatory member and participated as creator of the initiative together with other companies and organizations of the Colombian electricity sector.
For more information on class action, click here (https://www.xm.com.co/corporativo/Paginas/Nuestra-empresa/accion-colectiva.aspx)
You can contact the AES Helpline to confidentially report any concern regarding inappropriate behavior in any of our processes or learn more about our policies. To do this, you just have to go to www.aeshelpline.com or call toll free 01-800-911-0011, a line operated by AT&T (Access code: 800 505 7319).
We work to live out our values every day. If you’ve noticed work that isn’t in line with our values, have a question or concern, or have noticed any suspicious practices within our company, we want to know so we can improve immediately.
Visit aeshelpline.com to ask a question, report a concern, or follow-up on a report.
In the following documents you can expand the information on the AES Colombia Ethics and Compliance Program